Why do we watch some movies over and over again and never get tired of them?
I’ve wondered about this for years. I haven’t consulted other studies but I have arrived at some conclusions.
Here are some things I have identified for myself:
- When the antagonist gets what’s coming to him or her
- When there is a gradually budding romantic and emotional relationship
- When I find myself in one of the characters or more particularly when I am facing something similar
- When the music is exceptional
- When one of the actors or actresses exhibits an intriguing acting ability such as amazing depth in the eyes or facial expressions,
- When it is genuinely funny
- When it deals with intriguing concepts such as time travel, space,
- A compelling heroic figure that displays character, power, and morality
I’m still thinking about it. What makes you want to watch a movie over and over? Comment below!
Categories: This and That